Thursday, June 01, 2017

Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo By: Rick Riordan

source
  • Title: Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5.5)
  • Author: Rick Riordan
  • Publisher: Harper Collins
  • Publication Date:  August 13, 2009
  • Pages: 30
  • Genre: Fanstasy
  • Recommended Age(s): 9+
  • First Read: 2015
  • Source: ebook
  • Rating: 3.0 / 5.0 stars

So PJO and the Singer of Apollo is a thirty page short story in an anthology edited by Jon Scieszka. But not to worry PJO fans, Rick Riordan still wrote it; the only thing is that it is only available via this anthology.

This short story lets us know what happened to Percy Jackson and his friends right after the first titan war and before he gets kidnapped in preparation of the Heroes of Olympus series. It's a quick, light read that gave me the back the sassy, first person perspective of Percy that I love so much.

I was slightly disappointed though because I expected so much more from all this story. I have read other short stories involving Percy and his friends and I was just as entertained reading those as I was reading full fledged novels. The adventure the demi-god friends go on is brief, and I wouldn't normally mind that, but missing that spark I love from hearing Percy's voice in my head. Don't get me wrong, I still loved finding out that this story existed, but was certainly potential that was lost.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Secret Bookshelf encourages friendly interaction between everyone so have fun but please do not be rude or offensive.

Spam and offensive comments against myself or anyone else will be deleted.

I make an effort to read and reply to every comment I receive so be sure to check back to read my replies by clicking the little "notify me" box!

Have fun and don't be shy! :)