Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Death Cure By: James Dashner

source
  • Title: The Death Cure (Maze Runner #3)
  • Author: James Dashner
  • Publisher: Delacorte Press
  • Publication Date: October 11, 2011
  • Pages: 325
  • Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian
  • Recommended Age: 13+
  • First Read: 2013
  • Source: Library
  • Rating: 4.5 / 5.0 stars

Well, I have to say, the ending was nothing like what I expected it to be. And even after reading it what, three times now, I still don't think that that was how it should have ended. But I am getting ahead of myself...

So this book is basically one huge heart wrencher, because you finally get to be out in "the real world" away from the confines (and protection?) of WICKED and be exposed to what the Flare really does to people. And can I tell you guys that I'm absolutely terrified of the idea of the Flare; the very idea that you slowly go insane and you lose all of your humanity to become something worse than the most primitive animal? It's horrible. And seeing people like this, especially when it hits close to home just makes me glad that I don't live in their world. That this is just a novel. 

I don't know how many times I almost lost it with this book because of even more revelations finally come to light, especially concerning the Gladers and the Flare. The Gladers are *finally* free of WICKED (hmmm where have I heard that before?) yet there are bigger problems at hand, and Thomas and his friends aren't really free from any of their problems. 

I liked that Brenda and Jorge are back, not dead, and are as fierce as ever, but even they can't get Thomas to stop whining and mouthing off. I also really liked the fact that this book, like the other two, was full of action and was fast paced. I also really liked how the book went full circle, but I never did find out more about Chancellor Paige, at least not as much as I would have liked, seeing she was one of the most instrumental people in the whole operation. 

I really don't like Thomas anymore ( I never really did in the first place) because he again, made extremely dumb decisions and just kept boo-hooing like he had the biggest problem in the world, not, I don't know, Newt or anything. 

But in the end, even though I was not entirely satisfied with the ending, I was glad that well, some people have the chance for a better future.

Oh, and WICKED is not good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Secret Bookshelf encourages friendly interaction between everyone so have fun but please do not be rude or offensive.

Spam and offensive comments against myself or anyone else will be deleted.

I make an effort to read and reply to every comment I receive so be sure to check back to read my replies by clicking the little "notify me" box!

Have fun and don't be shy! :)