Thursday, July 02, 2015

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by: J.K. Rowling

source
  • Title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter #6)
  • Author: J.K. Rowling 
  • Publisher: Scholastic
  • Publication Date:  September 16, 2006 (2005)
  • Pages: 652
  • Genre: Fanstasy
  • Recommended Age(s): 9+
  • First Read: 2006
  • Source: Gift
  • Rating: 5.0 / 5.0 stars

So many feelings. Everything is changing and I can't get over all of them. This book is the one that I have read the least out of all the others, but I like it just as much as all the others; I suppose that it just gets lost in the mix, like being a middle child I suppose.

I definitely enjoyed the backstories the most. I got to get inside Voldemort's head and finally find out his ultimate motives. Nothing blows my mind more than all the connections that Rowling oh so subtlety made throughout the series only to come rushing back at you like a giant wave of Ohhhhhhhh. That's why she did that. There is nothing better. I won't give anything away for all you haven't read the Harry Potter books because these subtleties are what make Harry Potter Harry Potter. 

Favorite scene? Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. Enough said.

I just wish that Harry wasn't so dense in this book. I feel like he focuses on all the wrong things and does get *ahem* obsessed about a couple of things. He also does not put two and two together fast enough, but I guess that's why Hermione is the the brightest person in their year, and not Harry.

There's no doubting it; Harry is on the edge of a great wizarding war and nothing is going to be the same ever again. But the fact remains that Harry and Hermione and Ron are just sixteen years old. They are a cesspool of raging hormones and I thought it was incredibly interesting to see all those hormones play out in a fantastical world, reminding all of us that though they have magic wands at their disposal, they are not that different from us muggles. They fight, love, and care with as much intensity as anyone I've ever seen or read about.

There's just something addicting about this series and The Half -Blood Prince does not disappoint.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Secret Bookshelf encourages friendly interaction between everyone so have fun but please do not be rude or offensive.

Spam and offensive comments against myself or anyone else will be deleted.

I make an effort to read and reply to every comment I receive so be sure to check back to read my replies by clicking the little "notify me" box!

Have fun and don't be shy! :)