Thursday, July 09, 2015

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows By: J.K. Rowling

source
  • Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7)
  • Author: J.K. Rowling
  • Publisher: Scholastic
  • Publication Date: July 21, 2007
  • Pages: 759
  • Genre: Fanstasy
  • Recommended Age(s): 9+
  • First Read: 2007
  • Source: Gift 
  • Rating: 5.0 / 5.0 stars
Well guys, this is it. Seven books. Eight movies. And millions of fans all around the world. We grew up with Harry Potter. We'll never forget the magic that the series instilled within us. And there was no better way to go out than this book.

I cried. I laughed. But mostly I marveled at how this series became such a part of my life. And though I'm writing this review eight years after the release of the seventh and final book, the magic has has in no way left at all. 

Harry is finally of age. And he believes it his duty to destroy Voldemort once and for all. And though a majority of this book takes place away from the the halls of Hogwarts, there is no shortage of action at all. I really liked the development between the trio and the fact that they can survive the hardships they went through just reveals the lengths to which their friendship will go to. 

Were there deaths? Of course there were. It's war. And I cried-of course I did. But in the end, I felt like all the deaths contributed to the beauty of the overall story, even though I know I will never fully get over some of those who J.K. Rowling decided to kill off. 

What I marvel most about this series is its ability to bring in the past books and make connections with them that pertain with the present situation. It's foreshadowing to the max for sure.

I can't wait to read this book again and again because every time I open this book-or any book in the series really-I feel like I am going home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Behind the Secret Bookshelf encourages friendly interaction between everyone so have fun but please do not be rude or offensive.

Spam and offensive comments against myself or anyone else will be deleted.

I make an effort to read and reply to every comment I receive so be sure to check back to read my replies by clicking the little "notify me" box!

Have fun and don't be shy! :)